- To promote and facilitate the effective functioning of the Internet in NZ as an open system.
- To promote wide connectivity and diverse styles of delivery for the Internet.
- To promote a fully competitive market place for Internet Services.
- To inform concerning the possibilities for advancement of Internet services in NZ, and contribute to the wide understanding of the techniques and economics used in providing telecommunications infrastructure for the Internet.
- To encourage diversity, innovation, cooperation and independence for Internet Service Providers, resellers and Internet users in NZ.