Striving for a fair and competitive marketplace.
We exist to promote a fair and fully competitive Internet marketplace where our members can deliver the full benefits of the Internet to the New Zealand public and our economy.
- We improve New Zealand's poor international ranking for broadband uptake
- We enable New Zealand businesses to become more competitive internationally through use of Internet enabled technology
- We improve Internet pricing and services for ordinary Kiwis
- We enable New Zealand to reap significant economic benefits as it becomes a broadband enabled society
We strive to
- promote and facilitate the effective functioning of the Internet in NZ as an open system.
- promote wide connectivity and diverse styles of delivery for the Internet.
- promote a fully competitive market place for Internet Services.
- inform concerning the possibilities for advancement of Internet services in NZ, and contribute to the wide understanding of the techniques and economics used in providing telecommunications infrastructure for the Internet.
- encourage diversity, innovation, cooperation and independence for Internet Service Providers, resellers and Internet users in NZ.